Elder Care Resources
Below is a list of elder care related websites.
- A Place For Mom, Inc: Referral service for those choosing assisted living, nursing homes, and retirement communities.
- Adult Day Care Consultants: This site presents, how to manuals, and consulting on adult day care and assisted living facilities and operations.
- AdultCareProviders.com: A nationwide directory of nursing homes and assisted living centers.
- Advanced Senior Asset Preservation: Professionals dedicated to supporting and protecting elders from the financial devastation of catastrophic illness.
- Advanced Senior Solutions, Inc.: Geriatric care management specialists assist seniors and families arrange the right mix of services to best meet their health, emotional, and financial needs.
- Affordable Home Care Agency: Information on the staff of professional caregivers provided in Northern California at an affordable cost.
- Aid For Seniors: Offers managed care and supportive services for the elderly of Los Angeles and Orange counties of California. Includes description of services and articles.
- AlertOne Services, Inc.: Provides assisted living facilities with wireless emergency response systems.
- ALFA Online: Provides consumer information, a searchable database of facilities, links, and information for providers.
- Alternative Solutions in Long Term Care: Offers information and resources regarding recreation therapy and social work in the long term care industry.
- American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging: A national nonprofit organization representing 5,000 not-for-profit nursing homes, retirement communities, assisted living residences and senior housing facilities for the elderly.
- AngelWatch: Advocates changes in the present sub-standard and illogical system of elder care in this nation.
- Assist Guide: Nationwide assisted living directory
- Assisted Living On-Line: An assisted living and senior housing directory detailing various options available throughout the U.S. and Canada. Includes useful senior-related resources and senior housing properties for sale.
- Assistedliving.com: Housing and living options to assist elderly Americans maintain independence within their home communities.
- Barton Home Care: This Denver, Colorado companion care company offers affordable assistance to the elderly, resources for seniors living at home, and care for the chronically disabled, easing the burden on family caregivers.
- Best Caregiver Info: On-line information resource for all issues related to caregiving including local resources, employee background screening programs for families.
- BUPA Care Homes: Sheltered housing and assisted living development with management of over 245 homes around the UK.
- Canada's Thecareguide.com: Canada's guide to seniors' housing and care services including retirement homes, nursing homes, home health care, adult lifestyle retirement communities, supportive housing and palliative hospice care.
- Care for Life: Offers older adults, family caregivers and physicians a single source for providing information and referrals and locating and arranging services and supports for seniors in the Capital Region in New York.
- Care For You, Inc.: Offering companion, home health care and assisted living services so loved ones can remain at home. Serving Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
- Care Link USA: Information resource and referrals to nursing homes and assisted living environments in and around Minnesota
- Care on Call (UK) Ltd: Residential care agency based in Swindon, Wiltshire, UK. Includes a list of services and a company profile.
- Care Pathways: Directory for assisted living, alzheimers care, retirement and nursing homes.
- Care Resources: A one step provider of geriatric care services in the United States.
- Caregiver Consortium: Includes articles, a glossary, tips, and events for family caregivers and professionals in the Tucson and Pima County area of Arizona, USA.
- Caregiver Network: This resource centre was created to help caregivers deal with the stress of being in the position of having to deal with the elderly and ill.
- Caregiver Survival Resources: Helping caregivers cope with the demands of caregiving, whether it's caring for an aging parent, a disabled loved one, or a patient coping with a difficult disease.
- Caregiver.com: Features the online version of Today's Caregiver magazine, including some current articles and archives. Also contains informational resources, discussion groups, and a newsletter.
- Caregivers Discussion: Discussion board for caregivers dealing with chronic, aged and terminal illnesses.
- Caregivers in the San Fernando Valley: Caregiving service in the Los Angeles - San Fernando Valley area.
- Caregiving Online: Offers access to support, information, and resources for caring for and aged relative.
- CarePathways.com: Reviews, ratings and rankings of sites dealing with senior care and housing options. Extensive educational resources to assist decision makers. Helping you find solutions for elder care.
- CareScout: Quality-of-care ratings and discounts on nursing homes, assisted living facilities and home health agencies, plus information on long-term care insurance.
- Caring Angels Home Care: Caring Angels serves parts of Wisconsin by helping our clients maintain their independence and self-worth through non-medical support service.
- Caring for the Terminally Ill, HYG-5315-98: Ohio State University Extension fact sheet. Includes psychological, physical, and spiritual care briefs.
- Caring Workplace: Provides employers with a way to assist their employees care for senior relatives.
- CaringSupport.com: Discussion, support, resources, shopping and links aimed at an audience of non-professional home caregivers.
- Children of Aging Parents: Nonprofit organization that assists caregivers in the United States. Includes membership and donation information, caregiver stories, and a list of affiliated support groups.
- Comfort Keepers: Provides individual in-home non-medical senior care, companionship and recreation.
- Compassionate Companions Inc.: Elderly care services in Central and South Florida. Includes a list of services and contact information.
- Culture Change Now: Challenges nursing homes to rethink the impersonal medical model of caring for our elders and adopt a social model, creating vibrant, elder-friendly communities to live in.
- Daytona Senior Services: The Council on Aging of Volusia County is a non-profit organization servicing the greater Daytona Beach area with various elder care services.
- Direct Care Alliance: A coalition of long-term care consumers, providers, and workers, who seek to improve the quality of long-term care through a focus on improving the quality of jobs for frontline caregivers.
- Directory of Assisted Living Facilities: Senior housing list, by state, compiled by ElderNet.
- Easy Living: Provides Lifeline emergency medical alarm systems, as well as coordinates care management, home health care, and prescription saving options.
- Eden Alternative Midwest Headquarters: A reform movement dedicated to fostering culture change and transforming nursing homes into vibrant environments where elders go to live, not institutions where they go to die.
- Elder Care Advisors: Elder care services, advice, training and publication for care givers and children of elderly parents
- Elder Care Referral Services: Provides advice to families who need help locating quality retirement or care facilities for elderly relatives in Sacramento.
- Elder Service Inc.: Geriatric care consultants in the southeastern Pennsylvania area.
- Elderberry Institute: Assists in establishing and maintaining local living at home/block nurse programs for elders in the United States. Includes a list of programs and information about helping.
- Eldercare Advocacy & Management: Providing evaluation and ongoing management for families and individuals. Serving Tucson and southern Arizona.
- Eldercare at Home: From the Foundation for Health in Aging. A twenty eight chapter online resource for families and friends who are caring for older people at home.
- ElderCare Connection: Operates in Florida's Broward and Palm Beach Counties and features professional guardianships, geriatric care management, healthcare surrogate services and special legal and financial services for the elderly.
- Eldercare Consultants of Memphis: Helping services for the elderly or homebound family member who needs special care.
- Eldercare Consultants, PLLP: Provides nursing services, planning, referral, and service procurement for the geriatric community. Includes a list of services and contact information. Minnesota, USA.
- Eldercare Locator: Local information, referral resources, and contact information for state and local agencies, from the United States' Health and Human Services Department.
- ElderCare Online: Offers information, resources, education and support on Alzheimer's care, home care, independent living, insurance coverage, legal and financial matters, and wellness.
- Eldercare Solutions: Geriatric care management assists the elderly and their families to manage long term care needs. Serves the Piedmont area of North Carolina.
- Eldersearch.com: Scheduled chats to assist seniors and caregivers, free consultations and nationwide assistance with locating senior housing. Locate senior care services on the internet.
- Empowering Caregivers: Resources, chat room, messagesboards and newsletter devoted to carers of the elderly.
- Faith in Action: Information from a national organization which offers grants to local groups of volunteers representing many faiths, who work together to care for their neighbors who are chronically ill, frail, elderly or disabled.
- Family Assistance Network: Provides personalized care management to the frail elderly, their family and caregivers. This site provides advice from various professionals, and feedback from residents of nursing homes and assisted living.
- Family Care America: An online resource for caregivers. Information on home care, financial planning, aging, assisted living, seniors, retirement, diseases, cancer, Alzheimer's, stroke, medications, estate planning, support.
- Family Caregiver Alliance: A clearinghouse on brain disorders, caregiver assistance and long-term care public policy.
- Florida Geriatric Care Managers Association: Directory of and information for geriatric care managers in Florida.
- Full Circle of Care: A comprehensive resource for caregivers of older adults to help them make informed decisions and access personalized assistance and respite.
- Gardens Professional Care Management, Inc.: Serving Palm Beach and Martin County Florida. Dedicated to senior health - a link to families out of the area. Specializing in dementia care and crisis intervention.
- Geriatric Home Care Specialists: Your personalized care management company, making your life at home more independent. Custodial services in your private home provided on an hourly, overnight and live-in basis.
- Geriatrics & Hospice Care: Articles and information about aging and geriatrics.
- GeriQuest - Quality of Life Issues for Seniors: Serves as a health education and information resource for the elderly, their caretakers and significant others.
- GetCare Long-Term Care Assessment: Listing long-term and elder care options. Searchable database for services by area.
- Golden Age Eldercare: This site provides useful information regarding eldercare issues.
- Healing Arts Communications: Presents the "Home Care Companion" video series. Instruction for the individual who cares for a loved one at home.
- Help4Caregivers.org: Provides information, resources and referral to people caring for loved ones who are aging or who have a debilitating/terminal disease.
- HelpingCaregivers.com: Offers online resources for family caregivers. Also offers support for caregivers in the South Plains region of Texas, USA.
- Home Health Solutions: Search firm that finds qualified caregivers and home health aides for elderly in-home care in New Jersey.
- Home Helpers: Non-medical senior care and companionship services, serving the North Shore area of Massachusetts, USA. Includes description of services and contact information.
- Home Instead Senior Care: Provides non-medical care, assistance and companionship to the elderly.
- I Care For You: Personal experience of informal caregiving of parents. Includes experiences with Alzheimer's and stroke. Included are several links about the health and needs of the elderly and their caregivers.
- Illinois Association of Community Care Program Home Care Providers: Care services association for elderly home care providers.
- Informal Care Giver Information Centre: Canadian site with information and resources on how to enhance the health and happiness of caregivers and their families.
- Informed Decisions, Inc. - Caregiving and Elder Care Issues: Eldercare resources for family caregivers. Information about long term care, home health care, Assisted living, and nursing homes.
- Innovative Healthcare Consultants: Provides senior care case management by assisting older people and their families with long-term care arrangements and referrals to community service resources.
- International Council on Active Aging: Information, education, resources to promote wellness in aging.
- Interventions Inc.: Elder care management services in New York City and Westchester County, New York as well as Connecticut.
- Life Alert: Emergency response and alert button.
- Life Care Services: A leading developer and manager of continuing care, assisted living retirement communities throughout the United States.
- LifeStream Elder Care Professionals: Professionals offering help on eldercare law, assisted living, elder law.
- LivHOME: Offers programs to help elders live independently in their own homes. Services and stories.
- Long Term Care: Contains information about long term care and asset protection.
- Long Term Care Link: Provides a wide variety of information and referrals to assist, educate and support those responsible for arranging long-term care.
- Long Term Care Provider.com: Information for caregivers and professionals in the post-acute and long-term care industry on assisted living, DME, DMERC, nursing, medical equipment, rehabilitation facilities, hospice and dementia care
- Long Term Care Services: This site includes community resources, FAQs, and a glossary of commonly used terms. This facility is located in Ithica, New York.
- LTC Info: Informs physicians and other practitioners about clinical and management issues related to institutional long term care, both residential and short-stay postacute.
- Marwood Rest Home: An 87 bed long term care facility located in a residential setting in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Midwest Geriatric Care Managers Association: The National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers Midwest chapter. Includes articles, testimonials, and a "find a care manager" feature.
- Momiji Health Care Society: Assisting Canadians, primarily senior citizens of Japanese-Canadian descent, to live independently in their own homes as long as possible by arranging for services when needed.
- Nancy Wexler, MA, MFCC: Presents articles on caregiving for the elderly, and offers care services in the Los Angeles, California, USA area.
- National Center for Assisted Living: The NACL, part of the American Health Care Association, provides educational resources, news and consumer information.
- National Citizens' Coalition for Nursing Home Reform: A consumer and advocacy group for long term care.
- National Family Caregivers Association (NFCA): Caregiving advocacy organization with tips and statistics on caregiving in America.
- National Organization For Empowering Caregivers (NOFEC): Charitable organization providing caregivers with assistance, education, support, and referrals. Includes resources, an event list, and membership information.
- Neighborly Senior Services: A nonprofit organization providing meals and other life-sustaining services to the frail, homebound, seniors and their families for 35 years in Pinellas County, Florida.
- Nevada Eldercare: Information and referral service for caregivers of seniors in Nevada.
- New LifeStyles Online: A complete guide to senior housing and care options, listing all state licensed senior housing facilities in the major metropolitan areas nationwide.
- NHS Care: Provides medical long term care help for seniors including estate planning, asset protection and elder law information.
- Nursing Home Information: Information provided to answer nursing home questions, including Medicare, Medicaid, patient rights, abuse, survey results, regulations, and complaint handling.
- Parents to Our Parents: An e-Book on surviving the Sandwich years while caring for your aging parents.
- Pathfinder Senior Care Consulting: Provides advocacy, support, and resource recommendations to Twin Cities seniors and their caregivers.
- Pathway Health: Information on planning and development of assisted living, long term care, CEU's, regulatory compliance, survey and crisis management, and PPS medicare.
- Red Light/Green Light- Keys to Successful Assisted Living: An informative article that discusses the key developmental,marketing, financial and operational aspects of a successful assisted living facility.
- Resources For Aging, Inc.: Publisher of "The Caregiver Sourcebook", a reliable, jargon-free guide that educates the caregiver on issues of caregiving, elder care, elder law, Medicare, Medicaid, and other senior issues.
- Respectful Care Management, Inc.: Geriatric care management services by a licensed RN in Southeast Florida, USA.
- RubMyNeck.com: A reference and informational site for caregivers and home health professionals.
- Salt Lake County Aging Services: Provides programs and services for the residents of Salt Lake County, Utah who are age 60 and over and their caregivers.
- Senior Care Dallas: In home care services to senior citizens living in the Dallas, Texas, USA area.
- Senior Care Solutions: Senior and elder care consultants, certified geriatric care managers.
- Senior Housing Net: Find housing for yourself or someone you love. View photos, maps, floor plans and virtual tours of assisted living facilities, retirement communities, and nursing homes.
- Senior Housing Networking Community: A free online senior housing/assisted living community for developers, owner/operators and others involved in development, marketing, management and finance.
- Senior Living Guide: Free referral source and contact listings for helping the elderly find appropriate living arrangements in the Florida area.
- Senior Solutions: Provides care for aging loved ones in Allentown, Easton, Reading and Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and surrounding communities.
- Senior Solutions of Pinellas County, Florida: Geriatric care management service offering consulting on home health, assisted living, nursing homes, medical issues, and legal questions.
- Senior Solutions, Inc.: Consultants providing seniors with health, financial and legal services, including helping them remain in their own homes. Located in Livermore, California, USA.
- SeniorCare Network: Provides geriatric care services, focusing on home care. Available in parts of California and Pennsylvania, USA.
- Senioresidences.com: Online source for assisted living and nursing homes in Canada and the U.S.
- Seniorlink: Provides eldercare solutions in the United States. Includes a list of services and a company overview.
- Seniormag: Caregiver's Handbook: Information covering health and lifestyles for seniors and caregivers, including a compendium of resources.
- Seniors Action Service: Home aid service and eldercare education in the Chicago, Illinois, USA area. Contains descriptions of the service, a class schedule, and a company profile.
- Sentry Telecare: Offers an automated telephone check-in service. Describes the service and includes price information.
- St. Andrew's Resources for Seniors (STARS): A faith-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to serving seniors in the St. Louis, Missouri area by helping with senior housing and community services.
- StopPain.org: Provides information for family caregivers and professionals on subjects such as pain management, navigating the healthcare system, and self-care. From Beth Israel Medical Center, New York, USA.
- Stride Magazine: Quarterly publication offering information for caregivers. Current issue requires registration. Free archive.
- Suite 101: Elderly Caregiving: Contains articles for caregivers, along with a discussion board.
- Support Aged Care: Peer support for those who use Aged Care services and information from Australian based facilities.
- The Caregiver's Handbook: An online guide assisting both the caregiver and the elderly care receiver.
- The Eden Alternative, Region 16: A "philosophy of care" for seniors. A tool for improving quality of life for the elderly to eliminate boredome and loneliness.
- The ElderCare Resource Center: Alzheimer's disease education, information, training, and referrals as well as specially selected products designed to improve the quality of life for patients and their caregiver(s).
- The Eldercare Team: Practical information, resources, solutions and support for those providing care to aging relatives in the Dallas, TX area.
- The Family Caregiver Web: News, information, resources, and tips to help family caregivers help a loved one who is disabled, chronically ill, or aging. A positive, light, occasionally humorous look at caregiving.
- The Healthy Caregiver Magazine: An elder care resource magazine for family and professional caregivers.
- The Information Center, Inc.: Provides information and assistance in accessing public resources and community services. Includes a discussion board, a list of services, and success stories.
- The Information Source for Adult Day Centers: A newsletter written specifically for the owners and operators of US adult day care centers.
- The Truth About Nursing Homes: Information from Jeff Danglo LPN, LSW of Eldercare Consulting about how nursing homes operate and practical advice to receive good care. Medicaid, Medicare, choosing a nursing home, staff, messageboard, eldercare consulting.
- Therapeutic Activity Certification: Basic and advanced classes to train individuals to conduct and lead activities in long term care facilities.
- TLChoices, Inc.: Browse through our extensive list of senior housing.
- Transitions Elder Care Consulting: On-line guide to elder caregiving, opinion column written by an older adult, caregiver's support forum, assessment tools, tips about working with older adults.
- Virtual Retirement Index: Information on retirement communities in the US and Canada.
- Warning about use of psychotropic drugs: This is a warning about the use of psychotropic drugs in nursing homes and the importance of Power of Attorney. Also includes Chicago Tribune story concerning this topic.
- With a Little Help: Provides home services for seniors, aging parents, and people with special needs, including respite care, companionship, housework help, and transportation. Washington state, USA.
- Woodlands: Central Maine's retirement community offering independent and assisted living options.
alternative medicine website |
find law firms |
gift info |
a website for nightlife |
personal finance resources |
car dealers |
home builder |
wedding guide |
this site |
a website about books |
a website about fashion |
useful home loan info |
directory of realtors |
home security system |
Plastic Surgery Guide |
online bankruptcy attorneys |
accounting and tax |
a website for insurance |
Cash Advance and Mortgage |
online lawyer finder |
alcohol addiction recovery |